Friday, August 19, 2011

Goodbye Cheri!!



Tooele Chapter of the LUW wishes to bid farewell to our President, Cheri Chesley!



Thank you Cheri for all you have done! Cheri is the reason that Tooele has a chapter at all. Without her we'd be on our own or driving to SLC to meet with other local writers.

You did a wonderful job and you will be missed! Best of luck to you in OK!

Terron James has agreed to be the new President, and all agree that he will do a wonderful job. Thank you for volunteering!

At last night's meeting I was discussing with a few of the newer members blogs; in particular, this blog. This sad, barely hanging by a thread blog. I suggested adding more members as contributors and taking turns updating the blog.

What do you guys think? Can this be a place for our thoughts and comments and conversations with one another? Or is it unnecessary with all the facebooking we do?

What does our new President think should happen?

I'd appreciate as MUCH input here as possible, and see if we can breath life into this blog or not. If we decide to keep it, then I'll just need email addresses of those who wish to contribute.

Thank you!

9 comments:

  1. I only caught a snippet of that conversation, but I thought it was a brilliant idea, Christina. (not that I have say anymore lol) I think it's a great idea to share the blog with different posters, so that it's not just one person's responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharing is a fine idea, but to be honest, I don't read this blog much, if at all :{ Sorry. I prefer getting e-mails when there is something I need to know. So, I would be a blog contributor. Sorry!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was under the impression that you are our Historian, Christina. Was I mislead? That being said, I think this blog is a great place to record the important events of our chapter, as well as linking to all of our members. I especially love the blog links at the top.

    My suggestion would be that this blog updated at least once a month with the minutes from our chapter meeting. If you can't make it to the meetings, Christina, then I would suggest assigning someone else in our chapter to take notes and do the post that month.

    I also think updating the blog with important events in our chapter would be a good thing (i.e. new book releases, etc.). Basically anything that a member of our chapter wants shared.

    Facebook is good for real-time communication, but this blog is much better for permanent and traceable history.

    Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of this being a record of the meetings. I'm open to the idea of having several people blogging as well.

    Who is the target audience of the blog? Is it just our group? Writers in Tooele? Or are we also trying to publicize ourselves to others outside Tooele?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, you weren't mislead Terron, ha ha! What a funny question. I volunteered to be the secretary, and in lieu of an emailed monthly newsletter I started this blog instead, thinking it would just look cuter. It's just for the group. Doing minutes of each meeting and announcements is doable. If it's for historical purposes then I am happy to do it. I just wasn't sure if anyone really read it or if it was necessary. But if I think of it in more of a historical sense, then it will matter less if it gets traffic I suppose, but I won't feel like I am wasting my time. Thanks for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Test post
    Trying to see why my Google/Blogger account won't post here)

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  7. Testing the comments after much study at the Blogger help section...

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! Solved! Whew!
    Ok, what I basically said was that I completely agree with the things said here. I think it would be a good idea to have other people post once in awhile. Maybe some of us could do a weekly article on writing or our experiences? Maybe we could take turns? I did that with the Charge of the Write Brigade blog a while back. It might help us to grow as a community.
    Also, maybe a monthly feature called something like “Tooele Writer Events” or something where people mention their book publishing/book signing/speaking engagements etc.
    Anyway, that’s just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that sharing the blog sounds like an amazing idea.
    We'll miss you Cheri!

    ReplyDelete